It’s almost here! The season to be merry! There’s something about Christmas that make’s one feel happy and try out all sorts of new and fun things with their family and friends. And why not? It’s also the end of the year, when there is just a nip in the air, and all seems to be ending well.
With so much always happening around Christmas, this year we decided to find out a little more about Christmas. Some unknown facts that would be an interesting read
- Christmas was not always about Jesus. Though Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, there is no mention of December 25 in the Bible. Most historians actually believe Jesus was born in the spring, not the winter.
- Branches from evergreen trees were used during winter solstice as a reminder of the green plants that would grow in spring when the summer returns
- Santa Claus comes from St. Nicholas who was a wealthy Christian bishop living in Turkey and was known for giving away his wealthto help the needy.
- And stockings come from this story: A poor man with three daughters couldn’t afford the dowry to have them married. One night, St. Nicholas dropped a bag of gold down the man’s chimney so that his oldest daughter would be able to get married, and the bag fell into a stocking that was drying by the fire. And that’s how we started hanging stockings for Santa.
- “Jingle Bells” was originally supposed to be a Thanksgiving song
- Be merry. “The Christmas greeting is not about good behaviour but about being merry, seeing the beauty and goodness of life, in spite of all the bad stuff.”
And this one’s my favourite:
- Though Santa Claus has worn blue and white and green in the past, his traditional red suit came from a 1930s ad by Coca Cola.
And with that we start off our Christmas celebrations this week with a Christmas Party for kids and their parents and things merry on 25 DEC at Royal Challenge. To know more click here. And that’s not all, spend your last weekend of 2019 camping by the beach in Alibaug with loads of exciting activities, games and a jolly good time!