I was recently going through my Facebook photos taken ten years ago , thanks to Facebook’s Memories feature, and what struck me the most was how my skin was brighter, fresher, and just overall more happy. Of course, 10 years have passed by and age has taken its toll, a lot has changed since then – I have a 10 year old son, I am working more than I ever did and mom duties just seem to keep growing. As a result I think I am suffering from “skin with tired mom syndrome” symptoms include dark circles due to lack of sleep, the sudden appearance of fine lines and creases, and an overall dullness and dryness of complexion, as being a mommy leaves time for nothing else. “Facial – did you say? What is that?” we all want a glow from within, but that just doesn’t come on its own. I realized I need to spare some time for myself and accomplish the below.
- Sleep – someone I met said, I don’t want to sleep like a baby, I want to sleep like my husband J! There’s nothing that can replace sleep. Put down the phone, turn off the TV, mute the noises in your head that are counting the million things you didn’t do today, and Just Go to Sleep. It works wonders and you will have the results to see for yourself.
- Eat healthy – don’t snack up on junk because you didn’t have time to make a salad for yourself. Stock up on fiber – eat a lot of fruit to cure those hunger pangs, make sure to have two healthy meals and have oodles of water. Water works magic for your skin.
- Cleanse – make sure you use plenty of water and a basic face wash or micellar to clean your face atleast 3-4 times a day… that’s it.
- Moisturise – the skin tends to become dry after the baby and a little moisturiser with SPF will not just keep it from getting dry, will also protect you from the sun when you are running around completing your chores
- Be happy – just enjoy what you have and are able to accomplish. Try as hard as you may, there’s always something that you could’ve done better, or something that you didn’t do – but regale in the what you have achieved and that your family is safe, fed and sleeping sound.
It may seem like it’s a lot to ask of you, but honestly, just follow the above; enter a room filled with moms and let your skin do the talking!